What's new
Australian Libertarian Community

Welcome to the home of Australia's libertarian movement. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

₿ Bitcoin Alive | Sydney, March 2024

Conza

LA Member
Staff member
A very worthy event... last year I spoke on the first panel of the day "Bitcoin what is it, anyway?" and on Bisq: Peer to Peer Bitcoin.

1694144902246.png

1694144728560.png

I'll definitely be there. I've actually had more statist push back from "libertarians [LDP]" meetups, than Bitcoin meetups. They know there is the Austrian economics pipeline; and if ignorant - don't spout off their favourite per statist project. Remnant definitely in attendance.

Last edited:
A very worthy event... last year I spoke on the first panel of the day "Bitcoin what is it, anyway?" and on Bisq: Peer to Peer Bitcoin.

I'll definitely be there. I've actually had more statist push back from "libertarians [LDP]" meetups, than Bitcoin meetups. They know there is the Austrian economics pipeline; and if ignorant - don't spout off their favourite per statist project. Remnant definitely in attendance.
Thanks for sending through the talk on BISQ, I will look into it. Cheers

Happy to point you in the right direction for any of the material I had to zoom through given time at the end there. The above is the focus on the 'how' - which there wasn't enough time to include in the talk.

Pre-sale tickets end in the next day or so FYI.

Last edited:

Happy to point you in the right direction for any of the material I had to zoom through given time at the end there. The above is the focus on the 'how' - which there wasn't enough time to include in the talk.

Pre-sale tickets end in the next day or so FYI.
That's very kind of you. I might get back to you once I have done some reading on BISQ. My major concern with bitcoin is the lack of privacy. Partly because it leaves you open to to confiscation and taxation but also because it effectively makes bitcoin non fungible.

Sure thing. Anything in particular? Not sure what you're referring to exactly.
My question is based upon a single article, in Zerohedge from memory, that the US SEC was releasing new regulations that would require crypto exchanges to keep detailed records on each transaction with the aim of being to trace all flows through the exchange. Australia and the rest of the collective west will presumably follow.

My question is based upon a single article, in Zerohedge from memory, that the US SEC was releasing new regulations that would require crypto exchanges to keep detailed records on each transaction with the aim of being to trace all flows through the exchange. Australia and the rest of the collective west will presumably follow.
They were always going to come for the KYC exchanges in one way or another. Assumed this from the very beginning.

Doesn't impact Bisq at all.