What's new
Australian Libertarian Community

Welcome to the home of Australia's libertarian movement. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is Legislation

ChrisM

Neophyte
Hi All,
I am new here but will be posting many things in regards to Democracy and true Law. These are my areas of expertise so hope some of you learn but also enjoy. Below is a great writing by Lysander Spooner- abolitionist, entrepreneur, lawyer, essayist, legal theorist, pamphletist, political philosopher, Unitarian and writer.Spooner was a strong advocate of the labor movement and anti-authoritarian and individualist anarchist in his political views (Wiki).
This was published in 1882 and i trust you will agree:
What, then, is legislation? It is an assumption by one man, or body of
men, of absolute, irresponsible dominion over all other men whom they
call subject to their power. It is the assumption by one man, or body of
men, of a right to subject all other men to their will and their service.
It is the assumption by one man, or body of men, of a right to abolish
outright all the natural rights, all the natural liberty of all other men; to
make all other men their slaves; to arbitrarily dictate to all other men
what they may, and may not, do; what they may, and may not, have; what
they may, and may not, be. It is, in short, the assumption of a right to
banish the principle of human rights, the principle of justice itself, from
off the earth, and set up their own personal will, pleasure, and interest in
its place. All this, and nothing less, is involved in the very idea that there
can be any such thing as human legislation that is obligatory upon those
upon whom it is imposed.

Hope you enjoyed that. I will be following up with many great quotes by legendary legal scholars etc etc. My Main focus, however, will be to show you EXACTLY how the criminals posing as Govt have (and are) deceiving us. I have also only met less that 5 people in all of Australia that actually know what Democracy is and how it operates. This is sad but understandable, given the amount of bullshit this so called thing called Govt has led us to believe. For example, so many people have told me (when i asked them) that we have a Representative Democracy. Ha ha ha, this is simply impossible and clearly show cognitive dissonance as the 2 words do not even work together- they are total opposites.

I tend to refer to legislation as arbitrary ad hoc edicts enacted by self-interested parasitic politicians.

I did like this from Donald J. Boudreaux :

Law ≠ Legislation

At the top of my list of dangerously confusing word usage is “law” as a synonym for “legislation.” The practice of calling the commands handed down by government officials law is nearly universal. Statutes enacted by legislatures are routinely called laws, as are bureaucratic edicts issued by administrative agencies. Especially troublesome, in my view, is the common habit of describing legislators as lawmakers.

In reality, law is quite distinct from legislation. Laws are evolved norms of human behavior. We as members of communities learn through experience how we should behave in various circumstances and how others will behave in those circumstances. The law is this complex set of shared expectations. No one designed or created it. Law comes into existence and changes only through undesigned changes in our expectations and through changes in our actions that nudge our expectations to change.

I tend to refer to legislation as arbitrary ad hoc edicts enacted by self-interested parasitic politicians.

I did like this from Donald J. Boudreaux :
Bit long winded there, ha ha ha. Law is very simple- Law is Immutable and Binding- that's it. Try changing or getting away from the law of gravity etc. If it is not immutable and binding then it is NOT Law- simple as that.

Bit long winded there, ha ha ha. Law is very simple- Law is Immutable and Binding- that's it. Try changing or getting away from the law of gravity etc. If it is not immutable and binding then it is NOT Law- simple as that.

Out of interest, are you aware of praxeology at all? Hoppe's a priori of argumentation & communication?

Economics as it emerges from [Mises] direction, is a series of “praxeological laws,” laws which are eternally part of the nature of human action. Praxeological law, like physical laws, are always with us, and are disregarded by human beings only to their own peril. Men have learned that they cannot afford to ignore the law of gravitation, but they persist in ignoring the praxeological laws of economics.
— Murray Rothbard, Review of Mises’ Human Action, Analysis, May 1950.

Out of interest, are you aware of praxeology at all? Hoppe's a priori of argumentation & communication?

Economics as it emerges from [Mises] direction, is a series of “praxeological laws,” laws which are eternally part of the nature of human action. Praxeological law, like physical laws, are always with us, and are disregarded by human beings only to their own peril. Men have learned that they cannot afford to ignore the law of gravitation, but they persist in ignoring the praxeological laws of economics.
— Murray Rothbard, Review of Mises’ Human Action, Analysis, May 1950.
Hi. Yes, i am aware of the "theory" of praxeological "laws" and as such, it is a theory. There is some merit to it, however, for one to know Law one simply needs to comprehend Natural Law. When i mentioned Common Law, this is simply man's interpretation of Natural Law and how it pertains to man.